12.07.2011

Quick and Easy Christmas Cookies

if you know me or have read my blog for any amount of time, you know i LOVE LOVE LOVE cookies. hands down, cookies are my favorite dessert.
i am pretty sure cookies are one of my love languages :o)

i've been waiting all week for mel's christmas cookie exchange.
i had grand plans to make these gingersnaps. they are amazing {make them you will not be disappointed!}.  they are definitely my favorite christmas cookie.

but life got in the way and i didn't have time to make the gingersnaps.

it seems like the christmas season is always so busy and its nice to have a few quick and easy cookie recipes.

last week, i made oreos dipped in wilton candy cane candy melts.
they definitely fall in the quick and easy category.
you could dip the entire oreo in the candy melts but i choose to just dip half the cookie into the candy melts. 
it was the perfect combination.
so yummy!


my favorite go to quick and easy cookie is a chocolate peanut butter ball.
it doesn't require baking and you probably have the ingredients in your house.
{i apologize for iphone pics. i threw these together while making dinner and didn't grab my camera}
you need peanut butter, powdered sugar, and rice krispies.
i love how the rice krispies add a little crunch to the peanut butter balls

i had two kitchen helpers who rolled the peanut butter balls



i got 30 peanut butter balls out of one batch
you could make your peanut butter balls smaller 
i am not a huge fan of chocolate so i prefer my peanut butter to chocolate ratio to be in favor of the peanut butter :o)

the recipe calls for melting chocolate chips for dipping
i usually dip my peanut butter balls in chocolate chips but i decide to try dipping them in wilton candy melts 
i really like how the candy melts set up and harden

once the peanut butter balls are dipped in chocolate let them set up until the chocolate has hardened


Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
2 c peanut butter
2 c powdered sugar
3 c rice krispies
2 bags chocolate chips, melted or 1 bag light cocoa wilton candy melts

mix the first 3 ingredients together and then roll into balls.
dip the balls in chocolate to coat.
let the chocolate peanut butter balls set to harden.

go check out mel's blog for some great christmas cookie recipes!



6 comments:

Jessica Johnson said...

YUM x 500!!!! I need to experiment with that Wilton's stuff. Never tried it. Sad and pathetic = me. Rockstar baker = you. Miss you!!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

MUST.MAKE.PEANUT.BUTTER.BALLS.ASAP!!!! Those look SO good. I have all those ingredients & will be making them tomorrow. Yum. Thanks for linking up!

Simply Sara said...

oh my yumminess.

i can't wait for the day when i can bake with peanut butter... my mom used to make these and they were my favorite!

i'm not a huge fan of our "pea butter" alternative- it's just not the same :)

love ya!

Unknown said...

These sound awesome! I am all about the easy recipes! I would love for you to link these up with my Christmas Cookie Countdown :)

Amy_Reed_Pulliam said...

Oh man mine was an epic fail �� They looked like reindeer poop. Lol. A friend of mine said I was suppose to refrigerate / freeze the peanut butter balls before I dipped them. Oh well they are great on ice cream. ����

Vi520 said...

I like the idea, wish you had a printer friendly button so I could print it up instead of writing it down, or did my eyes miss it?