2.02.2008

100 things about me

In August, my husband received an email from his cousin Sean telling us about his wife Lindsey's blog.  I was immediately hooked on reading her blog and many of the others she had linked on her sidebar.  A few days went by and I decided I would start a blog to keep family and friends updated on our life in Idaho. I never expected it to become a hobby, a form of therapy, a way to meet other Christian women and mothers, a way to connect with other homeschool families, and a place to make so many wonderful new friends who inspire me, support me, and challenge me. 

In honor of my 100th post, I am following a sort of blogging tradition and posting 100 things about me!

1. My bachelor's degree in college was in elementary education
2. I taught elementary school for 10 years - grades K, 1, and 3
3. Chocolate chip cookies are one of my favorite foods
4. I always make my chocolate chip cookies with milk chocolate chips not semi sweet
5. I am a morning person. I couldn't sleep in if I tried. I feel like the day is wasting if I don't get up and get moving
6. I would rather take a nap
7. I wake up at 5 am during the week so I have time to workout and do my devotional before my kids get up
8. I rarely watch live TV - most shows are on TiVo
9. I generally only watch TV when I am working out in the morning
10. I like to watch Cold Case, Without a Trace, The Closer, Amazing Race
11.  I love going to the movies
12.  I was a nanny for two summers in Rye, NY
13.  I saw Les Miserable on Broadway
14. I took a road trip to Mystic, CT and ate at Mystic Pizza where the movie Mystic Pizza (with Julia Roberts) was filmed
15. My brush with fame when I lived in NY was sitting next to Frank and Kathy Lee Gifford at a camp program for the kids I nannied for
16. My favorite drink is fountain soda - pepsi or cherry pepsi but I will drink coke
17. I was born and raised in MN
18. I have 2 sisters and 4 brothers. I am number 5 in the mix
19. I went to a small liberal arts college in IA
20. It is still one of my favorite places 
21. My favorite pizza place, Mabe's Pizza - only available in the town I went to college
22. I met my husband at the summer festival in our college town
23. While we dated I lived in MN, he lived in IA
24. We dated 5 months before we got engaged on 12/31/95.  
25. We got married one year later on 12/21/96
26.  I do not like mushrooms, they are fungus
27.  I gained between 60 lbs -80lbs with each of my pregnancy - I was a BIG girl
28.  It doesn't matter if I exercise, I still gain a ton of weight
29.  It does not come off easily - it takes a long time and lots of work to lose it
30. Landon and Mauryn were both delivered by c section. Landon turned transverse (head on left side, legs on right side) at 40 weeks and 5 days. He had been head down until that day - what a boy!  Landon was stuck in my uterus so they had to cut up my uterine wall, therefore any more children must be born by c section due to the high risk of uterine rupture.
31.  I only have 1 first cousin
32.  My kids have 15 first cousins
33.  I have worn contacts or glasses since 8th grade
34.  I wear my glasses more often now than contacts because putting on my glasses is easy
35.  I have hazel colored eyes with freckles in them
36.  I haven't ever broken a bone
37.  I have never traveled overseas
38. I would like to someday
39.  I love to bake
40. I do not like to clean but I like a clean house
41. I wish there was such a thing as a self cleaning house
42. I have a hard time spending money on myself
43. I like to do things for other people
44. I enjoy watching college sports - especially basketball and softball
45. My 3 kids' names all have 6 letters, 2 syllables, and end with the letter n
46. It wasn't on purpose until Mauryn
47. I love Marketplace (Target brand) light butter microwave popcorn
48.  I am not a fan of chocolate
49. I have 2 dogs and a fat cat
50. A relaxing vacation would be a beach, a book, and some very blue water
51.  I tan very easily and rarely burn
52. My kids tan easily too - especially Landon
53. I do not like heights
54. I do not ride on chair lifts or Ferris Wheels
55.  But I love roller coasters
56. I love my heated mattress pad
57. When I was a baby I was born with a full head of black hair
58. By the time I was a year old my hair was shoulder length
59. I have never had a pedicure or a massage
60. I have had a manicure once - the day before my wedding
61. I ended up in the ER the day after my wedding with pleurisy 
62. I like to take really hot showers
63. I have never been to Disneyland but I have been to Disneyworld.
64.  I do not like drinking pop out of a can - I always pour it into a cup with ice
65. My husband says I never forget anything
66. I have a good memory for names, events, dates
67. I get my memory from my mom
68.  I have only been camping in a tent once - it was cold and snowed
69. We came home after only one night
70. I do not like to drink coffee
71. I like the smell of coffee
72. I love to drink hot chocolate
73. My favorite kind of apples are Macintosh
74. I can not draw. When I was teaching and I would need to draw something, my students would say "It's okay Mrs. Cheney, we can just pretend" Yep that bad!
75. I do not like to eat seafood
76. I like deep fried walleye. (Walleye is a type of fish. Our wonderful neighbors bring it back each summer after a trip home and we have a fish fry.)
77. My favorite Bath and Bodyworks scent is Warm Vanilla Sugar
78. I have had one speeding ticket
79. I have been in one accident on my way to a job interview. I called and rescheduled and they offered me the job.
80. I love to read
81. I enjoy making cards and scrapbooking
82. I can not sew
83. I like being warm
84. My parents house was always cold in the summer - we called it the meat locker
85. Growing up, my sister and I used to dress up our cats in doll clothes
86.  I am not sure why we didn't just play with dolls
87. My mom has pictures of our cats in doll clothes being pushed in a stroller
88. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to play games
89. My husband and I are both super competitive
90. Before kids, we would stay up late at night playing speed since neither one of us wanted to concede the loss
91. I am not athletic but I like to exercise
92. I have small feet and can buy my shoes in the kids section
93. I wear the same earrings every day
94. I am right handed
95. I do most of my shopping on line
96. I like to blog
97. I like finding a good deal
98. I like taking pictures and would love to take a photography class someday
99. If I get to choose where to eat when we eat out, I will pick Mexican or Chinese
100. I like organizational and office supply stores (Container Store, Office Maxx)

12 comments:

Joyful Weddings and Events said...

So fun to get to know 100 random facts about you! I love the container store & warm vanilla sugar too! I also pour my coke into glasses, but with no ice. it has to be cold though. What is walleye?

Kristen said...

Courtney -

Walleye is a type of fish. Our neighbors bring some back each year from ND and we have a fish fry - so yummy!

Lynn said...

It was really fun to read this list and get to know you a little better. My 100th is coming up pretty soon, so I should probably start working on my list soon. We have a lot in common (I use milk chocolate chips in my cookies, scrapbooking, love hot chocolate, love the beach, and love finding a good deal)...those are just the ones that immediately came to mind after reading your list. Thanks for sharing!

Earen said...

Fun reading about you! We have many things in common too! Fun!

Denise said...

so fun!
i wear the same ear rings everyday!
it is weird to hear you referred to as "Mrs.Cheney," because that is Lindsey (i forget your related) sean is "nothing to me." (it's a loving term we have for each other).
oh and she got me blogging too!
how small are your feet?
i wonder if we'll meet each other some day??
oh, and i gained 63lbs with my first (which doesn't include the 13 i lost,then gained back!- i've got stretch marks like the tread on a tire).
Happy 100th, Mrs. Cheney!!
Mystic Pizza Rocks!

Jenni S. said...

This was great! Ditto to all those who enjoyed knowing more about you!

Sarah Markley said...

Wowowowow! So, i finally know how you and Lindsey are connected. Very cool. Also, the whole tiny feet thing is so funny. =) I've used milk choc chips lately too (prob. b/c they sell them at Trader Joes). Ummm, I loved reading this. I'm sure I will think of something else to say soon! Very fun post.

Rachel Slagle said...

congratulations on your 100th post!! I enjoy reading your blog and figured it's time to say "hi"

Renee said...

This was a really fun post. I loved getting to know more about you!

I have been feeling the pull to get up earlier in the morning to do devotions and workout- when I do them during the day, I get discouraged, because NOTHING gets done around the house. Knowing that you get up at 5 am motivates me. :)

I too love a good book, a beach, and blue water. My perfect vacation.

One of my best friends currently lives very close to Mystic, CT. (She lives in Westerly, RI, or Pawcatuck, CT...she's right on the border). We went in to Mystic Pizza, but we didn't eat there-we ate at a Mexican restaraunt nearby.

I wanted to read Little Women with you, but I wasn't able to get the book in time. Let me know if you start Anna...I would love to have someone to talk about it with!

I can't wait to read more of your posts...I am so glad that Lindsey got you started on blogging...you have been such a blessing to me!
Happy 100!

joy said...

i love posts like this! hmmm... milk choco instead of semi-sweet? something for me to think about. i've worn glasses since 4th grade and contacts since 10th! i'd wear glasses only under duress. and i didn't know the connection to sean and lindsey either. i keep on forgetting to ask and now i don't need to. thanks for the fun!

Anonymous said...

That was great! I enjoyed learning about you!

How did you come up with 100 things? I had trouble coming up with 8 for the meme! :)

So, how was it you only had 1 first cousin? Your mom had lots of children but how many siblings did she have?

Short Stop said...

I FINALLY got to read all the way through this list. We have so many things in common that there are too many to list. (but then again, we kinda already knew that!)

Loved reading this. Thanks for sharing!