i am going to apologize right away for the quality of some of the pictures. i took most of them on my phone this week. i am thankful to have a phone with a semi decent camera. there is my first joy!
- visit to powells candy shop in boise. it was our first trip there and it felt like being in willy wonka's factory. it was fun!
* ski day ... not for me. i am very happy to be a chalet mom.
* we were out running errands one day and decided to have lunch at the new panda express in town. apparently everyone else decided to have lunch there too. thankfully it was super nice and sunny outside so we put down the back seat, opened up the back end of the car, and had a picnic. it was perfect.
* a walk around our local wildlife refuge. i have run out near here but i have never stopped to visit the visitors center or walked the paths. it was great. it was a gorgeous spring day and the kids loved it. this little gem is only about 2 miles from my house. we will definitely be taking more trips out there.
* having my niece hannah here for a week. she is a dog lover and harley found himself a new best friend. he loved all the extra attention and took any chance he had to snuggle up with her.
* itty bitty bowling shoes... i am dying over these. mauryn loved them and wants her own pair but in pink and purple.
* first time bowling... she lasted about 4 frames
* i stole this pic off my nieces facebook page so it is really digitized but the cuteness of my boy throwing his bowling ball and throwing his leg up in perfect form is priceless. i will be getting a clear copy of this picture. love it!
* landon got some water balloons for his birthday. my boy LOVES water balloons. even though it wasn't quite warm enough for them he was ready to fill them up and use them. he brought me in a water balloon to tie and it exploded all over me. instead of getting mad or frustrated i just laughed and found humor in the moment.
* early summer plans starting to come together
* morgan had her state gymnastics meet this past weekend. her team took 2nd place. yeah!
* morgan took 2nd place in the all around in her age group. she took 4th on floor, 3rd on beam, and 2nd on bars and vault.
* morgan's team mates and their great families. it is always a little bittersweet when the season ends... it is nice to have some saturdays free but i miss seeing the other families on a regular basis.
* hannah getting to watch morgan compete and hanging with the little cousins
* mauryn loves to go to the gymnastics meets and always wants to stay to watch the upper level girls compete. the days can get long but she is a little trooper and never wants to leave when lance and landon go home. i think she really likes to stay to get all the attention from morgan's friends/teammates and their parents. on saturday she was starting to get tired so created herself a little fort to snuggle in and play during the competition.
* we had 80's day at our co op on monday. the kids were totally excited to dress up. i dressed up as well but don't think we got a picture. oh well :o)
* since 80's day mauryn's favorite thing to dress up as is an "80 girl" she wore her 80's outfit two days in a row and then i forced her to let me wash it. i am pretty sure it is her new favorite to wear while rocking a side pony and headband.
* my boy fresh off the baseball field folding towels. he is a master at folding towels and socks. i am thankful for the help.
* sunshine, green grass, chirping birds
* they were mowing the common areas of our development. it must mean spring is on its way.
* starburst jelly beans
* sonic diet dr pepper with cherry. sonic ice... oh how i love thee. it is the simple things in life people.
* a good book and a warm blanket
what were your joys this week?