3.17.2008

Scrapbooking

I am not crafty or creative. Those genes were given to my two sisters - one older and one younger. It somehow skipped me! 
  
About seven years ago, I got the idea to start making a scrapbook for Morgan. You know how many pictures you take in the first year with your first child - WOW!  (I am still overwhelmed by the amount of photos I have yet to put into an album, just of Morgan! ) My goal is to have their albums completed by high school graduation - hopefully as they get older I will have more time to work on the albums (just hoping) and it helps me to not get overwhelmed with the enormity of the task of completing albums for three children.  

I have been on a two year hiatus from scrapbooking. Not by choice, but by circumstance. Since moving, I have not had a good place to keep my scrapbooking things. They have been kept in the garage. It is not easy to access what I need and my stuff was so unorganized (drove me crazy!).  A few months ago, I had saved enough money to purchase a scrapbooking desk.  I FINALLY had a place to store my things in our house.  I haven't done a great deal of scrapbooking on my new desk, since finding time lately has been an issue. If I do work on something, I can leave it out safely on my desk and come back to it later. So nice.
This past Friday night, I went with my neighbor to a friend's house to scrapbook for a few hours.  I was FINALLY able to start on Mauryn's album. I know, it has only taken me 16 months but it is started and now I have 17 years before she graduates to work on it :o)   Here are the pages I worked on this past Friday.  I still need to do some journaling and maybe add a little more to this first set of pages, but it felt good to get out, to start working  on Mauryn's album, and to now have the motivation to keep working. 



5 comments:

Denise said...

pretty. let me know when you are done with all your scrapbooking so i can send you all mine. i just gave up, and do not see it happening in my lifetime. where do you get your emmph!?

Earen said...

What a wonderful job you're doing! I do every child's first year in their own album & then just do family albums. I have my first 2 boys albums finished (for their first year) but Levi..poor thing..I haven't even started his book yet & like you..well, when?? The only time I get them done right now is the occasional weekend crops I go to! What a wonderful area to crop in & hope you had fun with your neighbor!!

Sarah Markley said...

I love this! I dont' scrapbook but admire anyone who does.

Jenni S. said...

I wish I could find the time to do something like that, because I think I'd really enjoy it. But so far, I've not been motivated to try. I think the sheer number of pictures I have of the girls is just too daunting.

Hopefully with 18 years, you'll be able to get done what you need to! :)

Lynn said...

Great pages! I keep a table set up all the time at my house. It helps to be able to just spend a few minutes on a page when you are able. Now that you are "in the groove" of scrapbooking again, it will go much faster.