3.31.2008

Cold Tangerines

cold tangerines 
The day this book arrived, I ripped the envelope open and just stared with excitement at my new book. My kids were playing quietly at the moment so I thought I would just take a quick peek at the book.  Four chapters and too many minutes later, I realized I had to stop reading or I would lose the entire day to this book.  Shauna Niequist had me from the first line of the book.  She is honest, vulnerable, and so real. At times, I felt like she was looking straight into my soul with the words on the page. 

This wasn't a typical book reading experience. I craved more of her words, insight, experiences, and wisdom with each passing section. I could envision myself sitting across from Shauna in a coffee shop as she told me these stories, rather than reading them in a book. The words flowed beautifully and easily off the pages.  I found myself laughing out loud, crying, and smiling as I read the book. This is a life changing, attitude changing book that helps you define life as you view each day as a day to embrace, cherish, and treasure.

Thank you Sarah for hosting this giveaway! I have been blessed by this book.  Thank you to Zondervan for providing the books for the giveaway.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great review! And, I agree, she had me with the first line of the book.

Short Stop said...

Kristen,

Thank you for sharing your review! I agree...from the first line of the book I just had to read more! I enjoyed reading your thoughts!

Jenni S. said...

Totally agree (now that I can read your review)! :)

Earen said...

You go girls!! Sounds like a great book!

Sarah Markley said...

I love this book!