10.19.2009

Dressing Up the Cat


I always had a cat as a pet. I grew up in the country so not only did we have house cats but we had those strays that made themselves part of our "farm".

As a little girl, I didn't play much with dolls. I didn't need a doll when I had any number of cats to play the roll of baby.

Cats who let you dress them up in doll clothes, carry them on your hip, and p
ush them in doll strollers. They were so patient with us.

(I am not kidding. My mom has pictures as proof)

Now I am finding my animal lover Mauryn may be following in my who needs a doll when you have a cat footsteps. I have found her trying to dress the cat and she is daily trying to wrap him up in a blanket.

There might be a little hope for dear old Chloe (yes our male cat's name is Chloe - long story) since Mauryn actually likes dolls, no let me rephrase that, LOVES her dolls as much or more than the cat.
Only time will tell if our cat is safe from the being used in place of a doll.


5 comments:

Jenni S. said...

That is precious, Kristen. There are so many times when I wish we could still have pets because I think the girls are missing out on things like that. At least I can live vicariously through you! ;-)

Denise said...

i have friends with a female cat named moses.

noah is allergic to cats, so our girls must play with dolls.

look at mauryn's hair! she is looking like a big girl!

Short Stop said...

What a sweetie! I loved my dolls so much as a little girl.

We have friends who named their male dog, Mocha. While I suppose that's not *necessarily* a female name, I called him "she" for a year. I simply couldn't get my mind around "Mocha" being a male dog.

Stacey said...

That is such a cute picture of Mauryn holding her baby!

Susan said...

She could NOT be any cuter...no way, no how!