10.29.2009

Basketball

The only thing my boy wanted for his birthday last spring was a basketball hoop.

After much discussion about where to place the basketball hoop (our subdivision does not allow it on the garage like the "good old days" and a portable one would have to be pulled in each evening), Lance came up with the idea to mount it on the wall of our garage.



Besides the constant thump, thump, thump on the wall, it has been a great place for the basketball hoop. Landon is able to shoot hoops anytime - rain, wind, snow, sleet, hail - he can still shoot hoops.

This fall, we signed Landon up to play organized basketball. We hit the jackpot when it comes to coaches. His coaches are two "grandpas" who love the game of basketball and love teaching young children about the game. They are patient, kind, and encouraging.

Last Saturday, Landon had his very first game. To say he was excited is an understatement.

His days of the week are currently defined by how many days until basketball practice and how many days until his basketball game. This has been a great way to reinforce learning the days of the week.

The orange basketball shirt they wear for games... well it has been worn every.single.day.

I wish I had video to show you of the game, but Lance was just as excited as Landon so we saw quite a bit of the gym floor. So for now a few photos:
Coach Jim giving the kids their instructions
I found my person (they wear wrist bands that match a person on the other team so they know who to guard)
dribbling
shooting





9 comments:

Scott said...

Love it! He is so excited about playing. I got to hear about it on Sunday :)

Julie said...

I found you from Sarah's blog. I'm a home school mom too. I'm in my 18th year. It's by far one of the best decisions I've ever made.

I loved seeing your son delighting in his basketball. I have a son and daughter who play on organized teams here.

It's great to meet you!

Susan said...

Love the pictures and I can so relate to the jersey being worn daily. We, too, have a hoop in the garage. It worked great when they were younger, still does for Jack. Eventually the older boys were in danger of hurting something in the garage and we gave in to a Sport Court in the backyard. Lots of thump thump thumping....

Denise said...

fun pix.
he looks happy.

Pat Berg said...

Good photos again! I am off to try to get the blog caught up as well! I hope my little girl begins to like Basketball as much as Landon! He is a great role model.

Joyful Weddings and Events said...

so stinkin cute!

Krista said...

Little boys sure are special, aren't they!!!

Jenni S. said...

These pictures are precious. The girls were the same way about swim class this summer -- everything was defined by how many more days until swim. That's awesome that he got such good coaches too. Can't wait to see some video!

Lynn said...

I love that both your men are excited. Precious pictures...