Imagine my surprise when I picked up a box of Life cereal and the word written on the back of the box was Embrace - my word for 2008! The cereal box says Embrace life: look at life in a new way, make the most of rainy days, and reach new heights.
Instead of setting New Year's Resolutions, goals and expectations that are set so high they usually just leave me with a sense of failure, I am going to embrace and celebrate who I am and what blessings I have in my life. Of course there are things that I want to improve in 2008, but if I am realistic in knowing who I am and what I can accomplish I won't set myself up for failure.
I am embracing:
- my relationship with my husband
- my kids- who they are and who they are becoming
- my relationship with God
- this season of life - it goes all too fast and I don't want to look back and say if only I had....
- my 34 (almost 35) year old body
- learning to say no and not feel guilty
- who I am - what my strengths are, what my challenge areas are, improving where I can and accepting what I can't
- this journey of homeschooling
- healthy eating habits -knowing we aren't perfect, we do the best we can and it works for our family
- more pajama days
- more days of silliness and laughter
I am looking forward to a new year and excited to see what 2008 holds.