This year I wanted to pick another word to help direct my goals/resolutions for the year.
I started out with diligent, but it didn't quite fit with what I had in mind for 2009. So I looked up diligent in the thesaurus one of the words that struck me was the word steadfast.
According to dictionary dot com steadfast is defined as "fixed in a direction, firm in purpose, unwavering, firmly established, and firmly fixed in place or position."
In the year 2009 I want to be steadfast in:
- spending more quiet time with the Lord
- becoming debate free - a very kind friend pointed this out to me. I meant to write become debt free. My husband though debate free might be appropriate :o) Note to self: proof read before hitting publish.
- creating time for reading, scrapbooking, blogging, spending quality time with my husband, my kids, and my friends
- deepening friendships (being honest and real with what is happening in my life)
- continuing with writing handwritten notes and doing a better job of staying in contact with friends and family
- mothering, being the best I can be for my kids
- listening (really listening) to my kids and learning from them
- my exercise routine
- healthy eating habits
- being accountable for my reading challenge - actually blogging about the books I have read and adding new books for 2009 (any suggestions?)
Happy New Year Friends!