1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED?
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Shocked, excited, nervous
4. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
I was 25 when I found out I was pregnant and 26 when I gave birth
5. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
I had a feeling I might be pregnant so I purchased two tests and took one right away and one the next morning.
6. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
I told Lance after I took the second test
7. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
No, I wanted to be surprised
8. DUE DATE?
November 3, 1999
9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
I didn't really have any morning sickness. I usually felt yucky in the evenings.
10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
I didn't have any particular cravings but I wasn't much of a sweets eater until this pregnancy
11. WHAT IRRITATED YOU?
12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
No, I was excited to be a mom and just wanted to have a healthy baby
14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN DURING PREGNANCY?
80 pounds - I was a big girl!
15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes, I had two showers
16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew about both of them
17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
At my first ultrasound they discovered that the placenta was covering my cervix, but thankfully the placenta moved and it wasn't an issue. I did have high blood pressure and retained quite a bit of water. I was put on bed rest at 38 weeks. After I gave birth, the placenta would not deliver so the doctor had to manually extract the placenta - OUCH! Way more painful than childbirth.
18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Ridgeview Medical Center, Waconia MN
19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
It was 17 hours from the time my water broke at home until she was born
20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Lance, doctor, nurse
22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Yes, I had an epidural after quite a few hours of labor. My cervix would not dilate so they were starting to prep for a possible c section but once I got the epidural my labor progressed rapidly and I was able to deliver naturally.
24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
8 lbs 4 oz
25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN?
November 12, 1999
26. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
27. DID YOU NAME THEM AFTER ANYONE?
We liked the names
28. How old is YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
9 years old